As we look forward to Christmas, we have so many gifts to celebrate.
- It is such a gift to have so many new people coming to St. Monica’s and to see so many returning too.
- It is such a gift to begin to nurture so many children in the faith and to begin to enable them to be a part of our community.
- It is such a gift to have our community partners thrive, such as Full Steam Ahead and Feed Thy Neighbor.
- It is such a gift to have a new assisting priest, the Rev. Sylvia Czarnetzky, to serve at St. Monica’s.
- It is such a gift to have people in the community who want to start a service in Spanish.
- It is such a gift to be a part of this church community.
So, thanks be to God and thanks be to you all for helping St. Monica’s be such a special place.
As we look ahead to Christmas, to the Christ Child being born among us, we have much to do, so much to build. As we begin the year, I invite our church to pray about our church being in “a time to build.” We have so many opportunities for building ahead of us – children’s ministries, mission, governance, and capital enhancements. I get excited just writing this!
I humbly ask you to complete your 2021 pledge before December 31. There are creative ways to help you fulfill your pledge: you can utilize your IRA/Qualified Charitable Distribution or transfer appreciated securities. Please let me know if you need any sort of assistance on using these methods and if you find yourself in a situation in which you cannot fulfill your 2021 pledge, please let me know.
I am so grateful to be part of your lives and this community. It is a privilege to pray for and with you as we discern God’s dwelling among us in this coming Christmas.
Yours in Christ,