A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. John 13:34
Stephen Ministry is a program that equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to members of St. Monica’s and individuals in the community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Stephen Ministers listen, care, pray, support, and encourage the person in need. They receive 50 hours of training, and will “be there” for their care receiver. Loss of a loved one, hospitalization, divorce or separation, job crises, a difficult medical diagnosis, a move, and loneliness are some of the life challenges that a Stephen Minister might help a care receiver deal with.
Lay Eucharistic Visitors
These specially trained and licensed lay people bring communion to those who are not able to come to church for services. If you or someone you know is unable to attend church and would like to receive home communion, please contact us to arrange for communion in your home, extended care facility, or hospital.
Prayer List/Prayer Chain
It is our Christian duty to pray for our sisters and brothers. If you would like to have prayer for a family member, a friend, or even yourself please let us know. To be added to our prayer list, please contact Terri Tack at (239) 593–9429 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To be added to our chain, please contact Colleen Rossomando at (239) 352–6887 or email@example.com.
How We Serve
- We assist the Rector with the spiritual care of all parishioners of St. Monica’s.
- We support the Pastoral Ministry of the rector by coordinating with our clergy, the many ministries of the Pastoral Care Team (Lay Eucharistic Visitors, Stephen Ministers, Parish Nurses, and Prayer List/Pray Chain Ministers).
- We make home visits, pastoral care contacts, and we communicate to the Rector specific pastoral needs that require his/her direct intervention/support.
- We ensure and maintain privacy and confidentiality of all pastoral concerns,
- We use approved methods of communication for collaboration and mutual support.
Interested in participating or joining one of our ministries? Have a general question or need more details before you get involved?
Fill out the form, and we’ll get back to you shortly with more information.